Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Clueless in HTML-land

So I tried to add a few links to blogs of friends of mine. Just a few. So I follow the directions and its seems easy enough. Auntie has been trying her best to drag me kicking and screaming into the HTML world. I find the location and try one and look at preview. Cool beans! Exactly how I intended. I rock!

I repeat this one more time. Then I copy the last one and input another one, and finally another for a total of five links. Too brave? Apparently. I look at the preview, and exactly how I expect.

I publish. Publish? What the heck does that mean?

Its exactly the same as I started. I start mousing around the settings. I find one that says show links. Inexplicably its checked 'No'. I change it and go through the rigmarole again. Preview is great.

Published is not.

I continue to try and it continues to fail.

Auntie, please don't take my geek credentials away, its just a lack of sleep or something.

Postscript ~

When I publlished this entry?

The links are there. I am impatient, but there is something very weird about this.

Weird in that I don't like how long it apparently takes. Time for sleep none the less.

No comments: